Q: New power steering pump and hoses. The fluid is good too but it's hard to turn the steering wheel. What causes it?

Car overheats amd power steeerong wont turn fluid is good and new pumo amd hoses what is the cause

Hello, thanks for writing in. Assuming the power steering system has been properly bled, and there is no more air in the system, I suspect the pressure relief valve in the pump itself is stuck, not allowing pressure to "assist" steering effort.

If you need assistance with this, I would recommend having a steering issue inspection completed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. New power steering pump and hoses. The fluid is good too but it's hard to turn the steering wheel. What causes it?