Q: Scraping while decelerating

I hear a scraping or rubbing sound. The sound is most audible when decelerating and at lower speeds.

A: When you hear this noise, does braking have...

When you hear this noise, does braking have an effect on it? Do you hear it all the time while driving? If your car is sitting still and running, do you hear the noise? Do you hear this while changing pavement surfaces? What about factors like speed, weather, wet or dry roads? Also what about when your turning or steering your vehicle? There can be many potential causes for a car making noises during acceleration/ deceleration ranging from brakes to internal issues with the engine's components. I would recommend having a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose the noise so that your car can have the correct repair.