Q: Saturn Vue 2006 exhaust leak in manifold

I was wondering if I should purchase a 2006 Saturn Vue, 98,000 miles, $1400. There is a leak in the exhaust manifold. Would this be worth fixing and could this cause irreversible damage to the engine if not corrected in a timely manner.

Hi there. An exhaust leak can be very tricky - depending on the location of the actual leak. If it is leaking near the exhaust manifold or the cylinder head, the potential for internal engine damage increases. In regards to the cost of the vehicle, $1,400 for this vehicle with nearly 100,000 miles in general condition would be accurate. If you have other options however, I would not take the risk of buying the Saturn with the exhaust leak though.

3. Saturn Vue 2006 exhaust leak in manifold