Q: 08 Dodge ram 1500 , shifter will move thru all gears but will only engage reverse and park??

Truck was driving fine no problems at all prior to this, no warning signs other then a few mins. Pulled into a gas station ran in for less then 5 min came out got in truck and as I was pulling out of parking lot it felt as if truck didn't want to grab and go but eventually it did. A quarter mile down road I had to slow my speed and when I went to accelerate it again felt as if the wheels didn't want to turn or grab but it eventually and slowly began to go. Had to slow down 1 more time n same issue and made it about 1 mile down the road n got stuck at a red light. Light turned green and of course truck reluctantly forced itself to go but within 30 seconds it just quit going. When it came to a stop I tried changing gears and the shifter moved through every gear but it would only engage in reverse or park. Had to push it off the road n eventually drove it home approx 2 1/2 miles in reverse. Runs fines, no grinding of metal, or any other weird noises, absolutely no warnings. Disconnected battery to reset n no luck. Tran fluid is good pink no smell, n no other debris. Am I looking at needing a rebuild or replacement or is there some other possible issue at hand??

Check to make sure the shift cable end at transmission is okay and not worn out causing it not to get into gear. If it is okay then the transmission is damaged internally and will need to be computer tested to see if a problem with shift solenoid or other internal problem.

3. 08 Dodge ram 1500 , shifter will move thru all gears but will only engage reverse and park??