Q: oil pressure light came on shut engine I add pint of oil no light yet

oil pressure light on shut engine add pint of oil no light on

If the oil level is low, oil should be added until the level reaches the full mark on the oil dipstick (no higher though). Adding oil to the full line on the dipstick will give you a safety margin just in case the engine is leaking oil and/or burning oil. If you suspect oil leaks or you are using more than a quart of oil every 2,000 to 3,000 miles, you would benefit from a leak inspection/diagnostic. Please let us know if you have further concerns or need repairs/maintenance on your vehicle.

3. oil pressure light came on shut engine I add pint of oil no light yet