Q: Truck would not start this morning. 2011 Chevy Silverado. would not crank and service traction control came on. Help!

Try to leave for work this morning and my truck would not start. 2011 Chevy Silverado 1500. I could turn the lights on but not start the engine. Also had service traction control light up on the dash. Just bought this truck and this is a huge bummer. I looked on line that I may need a throttle body replacement. I'm in the military so I must have some form of transportation. Thanks in advance.

Hello, thank you for writing in. If the starter is not attempting to engage and turn over the engine, then you are likely not getting enough power to the starter due to a dead battery. You should try jump-starting the vehicle if you have the means to do so. You can also go have the battery tested at most automotive parts stores, and replace it if needed. If the battery tests to be okay, or if the jump-start fails, you may have a bad starter that needs to be replaced. While you can often get the starter tested if removed from the vehicle, these starter bench tests can give a false positive, and tell you the starter is fine when it is not. The major issue with having your starter tested, is that the bench tests do not "load test" the starter to ensure it can physically push over the engine to start it. The tests only verify that the starter can free-spin. Start with a jump-start or testing the battery. Take further testing and repairs from there. You can always contact our service department to schedule an appointment at your home.

3. Truck would not start this morning. 2011 Chevy Silverado. would not crank and service traction control came on. Help!