Q: How to fix evaporator case? 2000 GMC 2500

So on my 2000 GMC Sierra the blower fell out of the evaporator case and tore up the ridges that hold the blower in the case. Can I replace the lower evaporator case without taking apart my entire truck?

Hello - short is "no" - this is a hard one. This repair involve disassembly of the dash and associated components, removal and repair/replacement of the evaporator case, and re-assembly of the dash. There are step-by-step instructions on some of the truck web sites, which will help guide you if you choose to do this yourself. This one is an "8" on a 1 to 10 difficulty scale - long and tedious. Good luck!

3. How to fix evaporator case? 2000 GMC 2500