Q: Ground wire off oil pressure sensor melts

Car will start no problem but some times the wire from the oil pressure sensor will smoke and the car will not crank, then take key out, put back in and it will run no problem, wire is not smoking. Take key out put back in try to crank and the wire smokes and car does not even crank.

The wire to the oil pressure sensor is only a ground connection from the oil pressure sensor to the instrument cluster.

If you are seeing this wire smoke like it is getting melted, then you have either a short to power on this wire somewhere in the wire harness or the gauge cluster is shorting.

The vehicle is not starting most likely due to this short. I suggest having a mechanic come and check the vehicle’s starting issue out before you have a wire harness catch fire or the short happens when the key is off and you would not know that it caught fire.

Do not park the car inside a garage until the problem is checked out. You may have a defective instrument cluster or ignition system. Look under the left side of the dash to make sure your clutch pedal arm is not shorting wires out when you push on the pedal.