Q: Engine is knocking - 2006 Dodge Magnum

Got a h2 sencer put on,oil change...then got the car back an it was knocking

Hi there. Most of the time, engine knocking or ticking is caused by low oil levels, metal to metal contact, or a belt that is loose or broken. A quick check you can perform is to check the oil level, especially if you recently had oil or a sensor replaced. If the oil is low, add oil till the dipstick reads full, and then start the vehicle again and see if the knocking goes away.

If this doesn’t solve the issue, contact a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to complete an inspection to determine why the engine is knocking and to suggest the needed repairs.