Q: What is the maximum load limit?

What is the maximum load limit?

Your car might seem like it can haul almost anything you want to cram inside, but that’s not actually the case. All vehicles have a weight limit, called the maximum load limit. This is the total amount of weight that the car can carry at any time without exceeding safety standards. The limit for the Honda Civic is 850 pounds. This includes:

1. The combined weight of the driver and all passengers

2. The combined weight of all items in the car, including in the trunk

3. The tongue weight of any trailer that might be being towed

4. The combined weight of any additional accessories added to the car (TVs, DVD players, etc.)