Q: Stability Light came and Check Engine Light came on. I have a misfire on number 6 plugs.

I have stability light came on engine light came on rough idle acceleration misfire

Your car is equipped with wheel speed sensors at each of the four wheels which monitor wheel speed while relaying this information constantly to the ABS and traction control system which are controlled by the car’s ECU. When the ECU senses an abnormal speed given specific conditions, it engages the ABS or traction control as needed to control the vehicle properly and safely. Occasionally, these sensors can fail or become faulty working intermittently sending inaccurate signals to the ECU. When this happens, you may experience the symptoms you have described. The ABS or traction control system may be inadvertently activated by these false or inaccurate signals.

The cylinder #6 misfire may be related to many different possibilities such as: a faulty fuel injector, a faulty ignition coil, fuel injector harness is open or shorted, a poor electrical connection to the fuel injector, ignition coil #6 is open, shorted or has a poor connection. This may also be caused by an intake air leak or low fuel pressure.

To narrow down the number of possibilities, I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to properly diagnose your traction control system and your engine misfire for an accurate repair.

3. Stability Light came and Check Engine Light came on. I have a misfire on number 6 plugs.