Q: My car stopped accelerating while driving and turned off.. lights and everything else would work but car wouldn't turn on 2002 Acura MDX

asked by on March 24, 2017

As me and my husband were driving in the freeway my husband notice the car was slowly slowing down and would not accelerate, we pulled over and the car completely turned off... Lights and everything else was working as normal but car wouldn't turn on anymore.. what could it be ??

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there - there are 2 failures in particular that are likely candidates at your mileage level - a failed timing belt, and a fuel pump malfunction. If you don’t hear the fuel pump run for a few seconds when you turn the key to "Run", check fuses and the fuel pump relay. Otherwise, I recommend a no start inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.