Q: Just bought a 2011 CR-V yesterday, and now I'm noticing a very loud grinding noise when backing up and turning left. Any ideas?

I just bought a 2011 Honda CR-V yesterday, and now I'm noticing a very loud grinding noise coming from the back end when I back up and cut the wheel to the left. Any ideas what the issue could be?

It is possible that something could be rubbing against your brakes or wheels as you are backing up. In this circumstance, I would recommend having your brakes inspected by a qualified professional to determine the exact cause of the sound. This would involve a road test as well as removing the wheels to visually inspect the brakes. It could be something as simple as adjusting a backing plate or dust sheild to as complicated as replacing your brake pads and rotors. Once the inspection has been completed you will have a clear picture as to what should be done. Consider YourMechanic as a brake inspection can be completed from your home or office.

• Just bought a 2011 CR-V yesterday, and now I'm noticing a very loud grinding noise when backing up and turning left. Any ideas?