Q: Cooling fan malfunction

I've bought this pre-owned car and it has had an issue with the cooling fan. Every day, it continues working for about ten minutes after the car was turned off. I tried starting the car and turning it off right away, but the cooling fan does this despite the engine being cold. The operating temperature is fine. The temperature gauge is functioning correctly. I also had the coolant temperature sensor and the cooling fan relay checked. It all seems to be working properly. What should I do next?

Hello there. The cooling fan running when the vehicle is shut off for this vehicle is fairly common. In some cases the cooling fan will run when the vehicle is turned off to continue to cool it down for a few minutes. In this case though, the cooling fan running sounds excessive. This vehicle has a high chance of the A/C high pressure sensor failing, which causes the fan to stay on as well. Other possible causes are the thermostat or a cooling fan relay. If the problem persists, I recommend having a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your home or office to diagnose the cooling system and perform any repairs required.

3. Cooling fan malfunction