Q: Why does my injector keep leaking?

I just did an injector Job my self, I changed all injectors and all o rings and copper washers were put on also I replaced my fuel return lines and those aren't leaking and it isn't leaking fuel from my fuel rail but my number 8 injector keeps leaking at the base and the middle rubber o ring keeps burning off or something so why is that happening? I put a new ring and washer on it and then put it back in and it drove for about 10 miles but drove kinda sluggish and then it white smoked and now I'm back where I started with no o ring

A: Hello. If the rubber O-ring keeps burning o...

Hello. If the rubber O-ring keeps burning off then it may be possible that the engine is running too hot. I would check to see if any heat shields or similar components are out of place, or if the engine is running hotter than normal. I would also make sure that the seals and o-rings you are using are quality components and are the correct type. If the incorrect o-rings are used, that may be why they are having issues. It may also be possible that the injector itself is faulty and needs to be replaced. If you need to have this looked at, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the leak and assist with repairs.