Q: Car is shifting hard using a lot of gas and getting hot

Need to know if its the transmission range sensor, or transmission speed sensor that needs replaced. The check engine light is not coming on, cars getting hot and is hesitating and shifting hard

Hey there. This may be due to a few different things such as a transmission speed sensor, a failing transmission control module, or potentially low transmission fluid.

As you may know, the transmission uses hydraulic pressure created by the use of fluid being forced into the valve body to create the proper shifting points which are actuated by the transmission control shift solenoid. When this solenoid is not working properly, you may experience intermittent shifting or harsh shifting as you describe. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to properly diagnose and repair this shifting problem.

3. Car is shifting hard using a lot of gas and getting hot