Q: Trying to bypass the compressor on a 07 mkz

Need to bypass the compressor because the compressor clutch locked up and broke me serpentine belt

The labor time to replace the compressor is about 3 hours. Although a mechanic could be dispatched to attempt to size a belt that will bypass the compressor, you are probably better off just replacing the compressor and be done with it. It is not going to take much longer to perform the compressor replacement in comparison to the time involved in creating the workaround plus you will benefit from having a working A/C system again. To schedule compressor replacement, please simply click on "Get a Quote" at YourMechanic’s A/C compressor service page. If you still just want an attempt made to bypass the compressor, please request serpentine belt replacement but there is no way to guarantee beforehand that the mechanic will be able to identify an actually vended (available in stores) belt that will fit your unique circumstance. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Trying to bypass the compressor on a 07 mkz