Q: Car won't go in gear when hot?

2006 automatic C220 Elegance Mercedes. Won't go in gears when it is hot. You have to let the car cool off before it go into 1st or back. It also sounds like gearbox needs oil although the oil is fine. What can that be?

A: Hi there, thanks for writing in. I’d be hap...

Hi there, thanks for writing in. I’d be happy to help. Your transmission is a computer-controlled transmission which can be affected even when something as simple as a weak battery is the issue. I would first suggest checking the battery to be sure it is not weak. Secondly, I would recommend checking the transmission fluid to be sure it is at the correct level. Lastly, I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to run a scan on the transmission ECU in order to pinpoint the issue.