I have a 2006 Dodge Caravan and it won't start or crank. ...

Q: I have a 2006 Dodge Caravan and it won't start or crank. The dashboard shows the engine and oil pressure lights.

asked by on October 28, 2017

The vehicle won't start and I don't think it cranks either since I hear nothing when I turn the key. The vehicle already has a known problem of leaking oil but I was told it was not an issue and that it just meant it would need an oil change sooner. I last changed the oil in June 2017 an have driven only between 100 and 150 miles since. I started the van last week and it worked fine but then I tried starting it a week later and it didn't work. The dashboard shows the engine and oil pressure indicator lights. I added more oil thinking that was the problem but it didn't fix the problem. What can I do at home (where the van is) or should I just call somebody (I'm not sure who) to come repair it?

Turn the key to the on position and look to see if the theft light comes on and then goes out after a couple seconds? If it stays on then you have a problem in the theft system or the key you are using. It needs to be a programmed key. If you still need help then you need to have a mobile mechanic like one from YourMechanic to come to you and diagnose the problem.