Q: Anti theft system causing car not to start and mechanic can't fix says take it to dealer but I don't have a lot of money

While driving my car stalled it would not start back up so I had it towed to the closest mechanic. When hooked up to a scanned it's saying anti theft problem. My mechanic does not know how to fix and says to tow to a dealer but I've already put out so much money that I can't afford that I have 4 small children and no family or friends near by so I need my car asap. Also mechanic is saying there is a problem with my key and keeps asking if I can find another key but I was only given 1 when bought the car used. Please help thank you!

Hi there:

In most cases if there is an issue with the security or anti-theft system on a vehicle that is causing the vehicle to not start it can only be repaired by the dealership for security purposes. However, it is possible that this mechanic misdiagnosed the problem; so you might want to have one of our mobile mechanics come to you and complete a car is not starting inspection; so they can inspect your GMC Yukon at your location and determine if these repairs can be made onsite.

• Anti theft system causing car not to start and mechanic can't fix says take it to dealer but I don't have a lot of money