Q: Anti theft system causing car not to start and mechanic can't fix says take it to dealer but I don't have a lot of money

While driving my car stalled it would not start back up so I had it towed to the closest mechanic. When hooked up to a scanned it's saying anti theft problem. My mechanic does not know how to fix and says to tow to a dealer but I've already put out so much money that I can't afford that I have 4 small children and no family or friends near by so I need my car asap. Also mechanic is saying there is a problem with my key and keeps asking if I can find another key but I was only given 1 when bought the car used. Please help thank you!

Hi there:

In most cases if there is an issue with the security or anti-theft system on a vehicle that is causing the vehicle to not start it can only be repaired by the dealership for security purposes. However, it is possible that this mechanic misdiagnosed the problem; so you might want to have one of our mobile mechanics come to you and complete a car is not starting inspection; so they can inspect your GMC Yukon at your location and determine if these repairs can be made onsite.

3. Anti theft system causing car not to start and mechanic can't fix says take it to dealer but I don't have a lot of money