Q: Using the MAF cleaner for cleaning the throttle body

Can I use a MAF cleaner on a throttle body?

Yes, you can use a MAF cleaner on a throttle body, but you cannot use throttle body cleaner on a MAF. The MAFs are very particular. If you use the wrong kind of cleaner on the MAF sensor and it leaves a residue, it can burn a little wire if it’s a hot-wire MAF sensor.

But on the throttle body, it cleans it perfectly good. It’s just, on the MAF sensor, it evaporates faster. It’s a better cleaner and it cost a lot more, too. So you really don’t need to waste money from a MAF sensor cleaner on a throttle body. Because the throttle body cleaner is cheaper. But if you’ve got some leftover and you want to clean the throttle, then it’s perfectly fine to do it. If you need help with this task, you can enlist the help of a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to properly clean your vehicle’s throttle body for you.