Q: Why is my car slow to accelerate when I press the gas pedal all of the way down in my 1993 Mitsubishi Eclipse

my car is slow to accelerate. I can have the pedal to the medal and it is just creaping for 10 seconds before you feel the car start to catch up. I don't know the rpms, I just started the car up after 7 years of sitting in non op, why is my car slow to accelerate and what is the cost to fix it. 1993 Mitsubishi eclipse 1.8L

My car has 143,246 miles.

Hello. It sounds like you have a serious transmission issue. If the engine is revving and the vehicle is not moving then this is a sign that the transmission is slipping and needs to be replaced or rebuilt. If there is simply no power from the engine then it may be something else like a bad catalytic converter. It sounds like you need to have a transmission specialist check this out.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr