Q: Fuel gauge reads empty way too soon.

Hello, I recently purchased a 2016 Dodge Journey brand new. I immediately found a problem. When I fill up from empty my gauge always reads 7/8 full and never completely full. Also, I am only able to put ~14.5 gallons in when my low fuel light comes on. My manual says that the light should come on when there is ~1.5 gallons left. I am getting about 17 mpg in town and only get about 200 miles per tank. I get about 23 mpg highway and only get about 350 miles per tank. My fuel tank is suppose to be 20.5 gallons. I have had this in a Dodge dealership service shop and they have no answer. I have also found this same issue on the Dodge TSBs http://www.dodgeproblems.com/tsbs/Journey/2012/. Dodge rates that I should be able to go atleast 500 miles and my light comes on at 300 on the highway. I understand that there is atleast 6 more gallons of fuel left in the tank when my light comes on. Is there any fix to this issue?

A: Hi there. The diagnoses and repair for the ...

Hi there. The diagnoses and repair for the inaccurate fuel gauge should be entirely covered by the manufacturer’s warranty. They have three chances to correct this problem, before it falls under the lemon law category. The most likely cause would be, a faulty fuel gauge sending unit. I recommend continuing to express your concern for the inaccurate fuel gauge at the dealership and taking your concern to the corporate level if, no satisfaction is received.