Q: #6 cylinder misfire. 1999 Ford Explorer

Hi my 1999 Ford explorer has a misfire on #6 I've replaced spark plugs wires coil egr tps idle control valve cps. Upper and lower intake gaskets I have alot of money invested in my truck runs sure I could try fuel injector $$ but what if that's not it - bent valve or broken spring some said do compression test on that cylinder but have to take off intakes to get at don't trust many shops in the meantime I'm driving it around town like it is can not reach wire on injector to pull off and run on 5 cylinders don't want to spend a dollar more (already have) most shops won't give me an idea what would be my problem or a dollar amount (we'll have to get it in and look at it car x already soaked me for$350 on both intake gaskets I know that it says if i continue to drive may damage converters or melt a cylinder sick of guessing and honesty I would most likely want to fix for $500 or less more otherwise just drive until it blows up (frustrated in MN.thank you any advice is great advice.

Hi there - unfortunately, pulling the plug on cylinder 6 is necessary for the next level of misfire diagnosis: is there actually spark at the plug while running? What is the compression on that cylinder (and any other - are they within 10% of each other)? Is that plug brown or black, or wet with fuel - signifying a leaking injector? You can get to a precise answer, but it will require a bit more effort. I would recommend an engine misfire inspection](https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/engine-is-misfiring-inspection) by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. #6 cylinder misfire. 1999 Ford Explorer