Q: Loss of power, drive. 2010 Ford F150

I have a 2010 F-150 4x4 with 155k on it. I had a issue 3 days ago with the 4 WD (Got the wrench light) but it went away, then this morning I was letting it warm up and it was making a very loud whining sound from the front passengers side. I jumped in and tried to back out of the garage and it did not move in reverse, drive, 1-2-3 etc. I shut it down for 1 minute, started back up and it went into gear and started driving. About a half mile later the whining came back and I lost forward Drive. The RPM's would rev, but wouldnt move. The wrench light came back on the dash, so i shut it down, waited a minute, and started back up. I was able to get home, barely, but now I am lost as to what the issue is.

Hello - check first for the correct fluid level (and condition - red and relatively clear) of transmission fluid. If fluid level and condition are proper, the problem is likely with the internals of the transmission: fluid pressure and valve body problems affecting the clutches, or a failure of the planetary gearset. There is a Ford Technical Service Service Bulletin (# 384974) regarding failure of the planetary gearset. I would recommend a transmission inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Loss of power, drive. 2010 Ford F150