Q: The engine is making a ticking noise I would like to what it might be

asked by on October 23, 2016

The engine makes a ticking noise when it's running you can barely here it. The ticking noise goes faster as I accelerate and I was wondering what could it be

Ticking or knocking sounds typically come when the engine has been ran low on oil for a period of time or if the engine has had the wrong oil in it. I would recommend checking your oil level to ensure that it is full. After this, if the oil level is full, I would recommend having a qualified professional inspect your engine for damages. When the engine is not lubricated as it should be, this can cause excessive wear to the drivetrain. When excessive wear occurs in the in the valve train this can cause the ticking noise you are hearing. If you need assistance getting this looked at, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your location to diagnose the ticking noise and advise you on proper repairs.