Q: Dead cylinder

There is a dead cylinder, a valve is not closing, and there is low compression on the other head.

If there is a stuck exhaust valve, that head needs to come off for a closer inspection. I would look into the low compression on the other head first. Perform a compression test, but also a leak-down test; you want to know why the compression is low before removing the head. If the issue is with a piston ring, or cylinder wall, you’ll want to remove the engine for replacement or repair. If it is also head-related, then remove both heads for inspection. If you would like to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic - our mechanics provide diagnostics at your home or office.

3. Dead cylinder