Q: 96 cavalier not getting gas

changed fuel filter and gas still not getting thru,Fuel pump buzzing when tapped

Hi there:

The fuel pump should be running at all times once the key in in the start position. The best way to diagnose fuel flow issues is to remove fuel lines at each connection, starting from the fuel pump. If fuel flows from the pump, you proceed to each line to determine if there is an obstruction causing the reduction in fuel flow. In most cases, this is the case, especially if a vehicle is more than 15 years old. If the fuel flow is not consistent at any point of your check, you’ll most likely have to replace the fuel pump.

3. 96 cavalier not getting gas