Q: Loss of power during driving - 1993 Dodge Dynasty

asked by on September 04, 2016

On one ocassion while I was on a road trip, the car suddenly started losing power and I couldn't accelerate past 30 mph. I had the car towed to the repair shop and after an hour, the car ran like nothing happened. However, several days ago, I had similar a thing happen. I had the car towed. Now, when I start the car and put it in first or second, it cannot run past 30 mph. In addition to that, the speedometer quit working. Is this an engine or transmission problem?

Fuel Filter Replacement $82.95 - $292.56 Get a Quote
Fuel Pump Replacement $129.49 - $1234.40 Get a Quote
Loss of power Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Your "lack of power, or ability to build up speed" symptoms sound like a fuel supply problem - perhaps a clogged fuel filter, or a failing fuel pump. Have a professional mechanic, like YourMechanic, check for fuel pressure to diagnosis this issue, then make needed repairs. The speedometer failure may simply be the electronic sending unit. As above, a professional mechanic can diagnosis the loss of power and repair this issue.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr