Q: What does the information display tell you?

asked by on December 15, 2015

What does the information display tell you?

The information display on your dash gives you access to critical information. You can cycle through each readout and adjust some of these as well. Here’s what you need to know:

1. Odometer: The odometer tells you how many miles the car has traveled in total. It cannot be reset or altered in any way.

2. Trip Meter: You have two trip meters that can be reset to tell you the distance for specific trips. To reset a meter, just press and hold the set/adjust knob. You’ll see the numbers go to 0.0.

3. Average Fuel: Each trip meter also includes an average fuel economy reading (displayed as AVG A or AVG B depending on the trip).

4. Engine Oil Life: This tells you how much life is left in your oil. It’s displayed as a percentage.

5. Range: This tells you approximately how much farther you can drive (in miles) on the gas left in the tank.

6. Check Fuel Cap: If the computer detects that the gas cap is loose, it will display a message reading check fuel cap here.