Q: Chirping noise when the car hits a bump

Lately, my car has been making chirping noise when I drive on a bumpy roads. Whenever I hit a bump, there would be this noticeable sound. I was wondering what could be making this noise. Any ideas? Is this serious?

A: Hi. The chirping sound you are experiencing...

Hi. The chirping sound you are experiencing on your 2010 Nissan Cube sounds like it could be from noisy strut springs or a worn drive belt. Check the condition of the strut springs and drive belt to try and pinpoint the problem. It may not be a serious problem, but I suggest that you have the noise inspected as soon as possible to avoid more severe damage.