Q: I have a 2007 Ford Taurus that doesn't crank or start and the anti theft light goes off when I turn the key

My car doesn't crank or start it doesn't click when I turn the key my anti theft light goes off when I turn the key. The radio, windows, etc comes on but it doesn't turn over. What could be wrong with it?

If the problem is simply no starter motor operation the fault is typically quite limited. With a fully charged battery that passes a load test, or a new fully charged battery as required, and the immobilizer (security) system off - check to be sure the immobilizer is not activated - if the starter motor does not operate (i.e., crank the engine at adequate RPM) at that point, there are only two possibilities: 1) either there is no power to the starter motor/solenoid, or an excessive voltage drop, hence the entire starter circuit would have to be diagnosed and the fault found and fixed; or 2) there is power but the starter/solenoid itself is bad and that includes intermittent operation which does happen. In scenario No. 2 the starter motor would simply be replaced. If you desire that a specialist from YourMechanic determine which of these is the issue, and get it resolved, please request a no start diagnostic. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. I have a 2007 Ford Taurus that doesn't crank or start and the anti theft light goes off when I turn the key