Q: PO341 code - cruise control kicks off, engine light and vsa lights go on.

asked by on February 26, 2017

If i accelerate aggressively and set cruise control on....after a few seconds the cruise kicks off and the check engine light and VSA lights go on and cruise control cant be set on again. I pull over and shut engine off and read a PO341 and 83-01 code on my cheaper Innova diagnostic tool. I then clear the codes restart engine and accelerated slower then set cruise at 40mph ... use the Set button to get speed up to 65 'ish and cruise kicks off again but no lights light up. Cruise cant be set on again though until i stop engine and restart. Then i got back on highway and accelerate slowly to 60, Set cruise on...no problem. Manually turn off cruise....slowly speed up to 70 then Set cruise on...no problem. Repeat and then set cruise on at 80...stays on for a couple of seconds and..cruise kicks off and cant be used until an engine restart. Sometimes engine and vsa lights light...and sometimes they dont when cruise control is effected like this.

Camshaft Position Sensor Replacement $104.59 - $809.88 Get a Quote

There could be an issue with the cruise control switch and the brake switch. The VSA light refers to the brake system and the light maybe coming on for the brake switch not functioning properly causing the cruise control switch to disengage. The code P0341 refers to the camshaft position sensor, which could be coming on for the sensor malfunctioning. If the camshaft position sensor is not reading properly, then the cruise control will disengage as the engine is not in time correctly. If you need further assistance with your cruise control disengaging on its own, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.