Q: Crank but no start.

Okay so my truck was doing great. Till one day it took a while longer to start. Then longer the next day, basically it wouldn't start as fast as it used to. Now it just won't start, the lights work and would crank just wouldn't start. Bought a new battery for it but it won't start still :/

Hello, thank you for writing in. These are all classic signs that the starter is failing. The starter will often progressively get worse as it wears out. The second sign that the starter is to blame is that it will try to start the car, but is not powerful enough to do so. Even with the new battery supply, the starter cannot do anything with the energy. The starter is relatively easy to change, and should only take a few hours. The starter relay was a good guess, but they rarely wear down slowly. These components usually work perfectly, or not at all. For more help replacing the stater, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. Crank but no start.