Q: Car Starts And It Shifts Gears , But Won't Reverse , And In Drive It Barley Goes And When It Does It Jumps And Jolts. Transmisson?

Car starts and it shifts gears , but won't reverse , and in drive it barley goes and when it does it jumps and jolts, is it the transmission or something? And how much will it cost to repair? And if its just I need to change the fluid why is it it does this?
My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Hello there, the transmission being unable to shift into reverse is a common issue for vehicles as they age and increase in mileage. There are a few common causes for this malfunction. The most likely would be low transmission fluid level, shifter linkage, or a mechanical issue within the transmission. With any transmission fault such as this, a technician will begin by checking the transmission fluid – that’s the first and most straightforward thing to check. If you need help with this, a certified mobile mechanic from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your car’s transmission problems.

3. Car Starts And It Shifts Gears , But Won't Reverse , And In Drive It Barley Goes And When It Does It Jumps And Jolts. Transmisson?