Q: My car has trouble code P0745, do I need to replace the solenoid?

o/d off light flashes after about 10 minutes of driving, check engine light is on, sluggish shift from 1st to 2nd gear. this just happened today on the way in to work and then home again (only 18 miles each way) autozone coded p0745. will replacing the solenoid cure the problem? how much should it cost? afraid to drive since advised might damage transmission/vehicle might become indriveable. only mode of transportation so need to get it fixed fast. considering taking it to Midas in the morning.