Q: Problem with the dash and gauges when driving on a bumpy road

My car has some problems only when I drive on a road that's bumpy. Then, the dashboard would show all warning lights on. Also, the gauges would stop working and read zero. I have checked the main fuse box and all the fuses seem fine. This would all go back to normal when I pressed the box down. I would have accurate readings again and the lights would come off. But, each time when I'm driving over bumps, the same thing happens? What could be the cause?

This can often times happen when the ABS system is activated which is usually activated when driving over rough surfaces or bumps. The ABS system will trigger warning lights and typically cause a momentary lapse in traction control as the system seeks to re-stabilize the vehicle after going over an unsmooth surface. This is likely the symptoms you are experiencing. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to you to diagnose the warning light issues to figure out what is causing this problem.