Q: Having problems accelerating at high speeds causing jerking feeling...this happens when slightly pushing gas pedal

asked by on June 28, 2016

Having problems accelerating at high speeds causing jerking feeling...this happens when slightly pushing gas pedal, also happens sometimes at slower speeds when slightly pushing gas pedal

Engine hesitates during acceleration Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

This problem of a slight jerk feel is what is known as a lean tip in surge. The cause can be an indication that the engine is running lean and may be caused by dirty injectors, throttle body, air filter, mass air sensor, ignition system service or O2 sensors. A test will need to be done to check all these areas and see if normal maintenance is needed or more thorough testing is needed to isolate the cause. If you need help with this, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to your home or office to inspect the acceleration issue and determine what repairs are necessary.