Q: Fuel pump

asked by on September 22, 2017

I ran out of gas the other day and put more gas in from a gas jug..but when I try to start car it still won't start. I can't afford to get fuel pump changed right now..is there anyway to get car started temporary if the pump is gone?

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

There is a very good chance that your fuel pump is toast. That’s a common problem with fuel injected cars. whether or not the fuel pump lives in the tank, most cars made since about 1985 pass the fuel through the pump ,motor and all, to cool and lubricate the pump. when the car runs out of gas, the pump runs on foam for a while and if it has a lot of miles on it already, that’s the end of the pump. So if you have an old car and let it run out of gas, you may not get it running again until you buy a pump. But don’t pronounce the pump dead until you’ve done a pressure test, and you can have that done at your convenience by contacting YourMechanic. They will send a technician to your home or office to check out your Blazer and let you know what it will take to get you going again.