Q: Brake pedal has no resistance

My brake pedal is going all the way to the floor. The brake pedal appears to have no resistance and the car is not stopping easily.

This is a very dangerous situation as the braking system is one of the most important safety features of a vehicle. Have a brake inspection carried out by a qualified technician such as the ones here at YourMechanic to look for any leaks in the braking system. One or multiple things can cause this such as, a failed caliper, wheel cylinder, any section of brake line could have rusted through or blown out from being weakened from rust. Also, if a braking system has been worked on recently and wasn’t bled properly a large amount of air could be in the system causing the same type of issue.

3. Brake pedal has no resistance