Q: Sound when starting - 2004 Dodge Durango

Dodge Durango 2004 5.7 hemi Magnum Tried to crank it starter wouldn't turn over kept bumping switch and finally started motor has a loud knocking sound and a miss to it no engine light no oil light full of oil and only has 103,000 miles well taken care of. Changed starter tonight and sound and miss still there. What could it be? Any help appreciated.

Hello there. You are off to a good start in fixing your 2004 Dodge Durango. If there is a knocking sound and replacing the starter did not fix the issue, and you have a knocking noise when cranking, then it is likely the flex plate is cracked. This is an uncommon occurrence but is possible in this scenario. If you would like to have this checked, a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, can diagnose the noise to determine what corrections are needed.

3. Sound when starting - 2004 Dodge Durango