Q: Loud clunking when shifting from drive into park

I hear a loud clunking when I shift from drive into park, and when I stop and shift into reverse. It feels like my motor mount might need replacing.

A: Hi. There is a service bulletin from Kia fo...

Hi. There is a service bulletin from Kia for that exact description if your car is 4WD. It describes a sharp metallic ping when shifting from P to D and D to R. The repair is removing the rear driveshaft flange on the transfer case, adding a specific lubricant to the splines, replacing the seal and nut. TSB# KT2009050401, this may be what your problem is, but it’s still a good idea to have the engine and transmission noise inspected.