Q: Random gear shifting

I usually keep my car in the garage but it occasionally happens that it is parked all day outside. So, whenever the car is parked out and the weather is hot, while I'm driving, it starts to shift gears randomly, like from third to fifth gear, then to second etc. This doesn't happen when it is cold out but only when the temperatures are higher. Why is this happening?

Hello, it sounds as if you have a faulty transmission pressure control solenoid or contaminated fluid. Also, the electronic gear shift sensor under your gear shift could be compromised if something has spilled on it. I suggest that you have a technician diagnose the issue with your gears by inspecting your electronic gear shift sensor, solenoid, and transmission fluid condition. Good luck.