Q: How do I adjust the steering wheel of a 2012 Toyota RAV4?

How do I adjust the steering wheel?

It’s important that you have the right position and the right grip on the steering wheel at all times. Because drivers are different heights and have longer or shorter reaches, your vehicle is equipped with an adjustable steering wheel. It can be adjusted up or down, but it can also telescope in or out. Here’s how to adjust it:

1. Make sure the vehicle is in park.

2. Locate the lock lever on the bottom of the steering column.

3. Pull it down.

4. Adjust the steering wheel as follows:

• Pull it up to raise it.

• Push it down to lower it.

• Pull it out to bring it closer to you.

• Push it in to move it away from you.

1. When you have the steering wheel positioned correctly, lock it back in place by moving the lock lever up.

2. Make sure the steering wheel is locked before driving.

Tips

• Keep at least 10 inches between the center of your chest and the air bag in the steering wheel to prevent potential injuries

• Never adjust the steering wheel while driving as you can lose control of the car.

• Always make sure the steering wheel is locked or you could lose control of the vehicle.