Q: Loud roaring sound from right lower side when in drivers seat 2001 BMW 540i

My car when up to temp all of a sudden gets a roaring sound in the front right when in the drivers seat and kills the car. The serpentine belt had came off while making that sound and the power steering pump brackets were broke so i changed it then i changed the water pump and now it did it again went into trana fail safe mode then now has no power and wont turn back on.

Hi there - I suspect something driven by the serpentine belt has seized, putting a shock load on the belt, and snapping it. Could have been the AC compressor or compressor clutch (lower right front of the engine), power steering pump, serpentine belt idler/tensioner pulley (bearing). This failure leads you with no power steering assist, or alternator. It is possible the thrown belt also damaged the transmission fluid lines going to the radiator (trans fluid cooler), with loss of fluid - causing the "Trans Pgm" msg. I would recommend a thorough engine inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Loud roaring sound from right lower side when in drivers seat 2001 BMW 540i