Car jerks when I press accelerator or take foot off of ac...

Q: Car jerks when I press accelerator or take foot off of accelerator pedal

asked by on August 06, 2017

I just bought my Mercedes Benz SUV from a dealer. It has 166700 miles. I went to get a diagnostic test as soon as I left the lot. It only said that there was something wrong with the Fuel Exhaust System. Whenever i drive The car jerks when I Press the gas a little. When I take my foot off of the gas pedal it also jerks. Like if I was to just take my foot off and cruise. Everything in the dashboard works No check engine light on or anything. The only lights that are on says (ABS) and ESP/BAS. Someone please help. I am willing to fix if it is not too bad.

Hi there. Usually when the car will ’jerk’ when you press the accelerator and lift from the accelerator, it’s likely due to clogged fuel injectors, damage to the throttle body or other fuel system components. It could also be due to worn out motor mounts or perhaps a small exhaust leak. The best way to know what is causing these issues is to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car jerks while driving inspection.