Q: Q: 2004 Hyundai Sonata jerks while accelerating from stop.

2004 Hyundai Sonata jerks while accelerating from stop. Doesn't happen when i put it in slap shift on 2nd gear and higher. As I am accelerating I get to 1000 rpm it jerks, then to 1500 rpm it jerks, and then to 2000 rpm it jerks. After I hear it shift it stops. What is wrong?

This may be related to a dirty or failing mass air flow sensor. The mass air flow sensor monitors the air intake as it enters the motor and relays this information to the ECU which then makes adjustments to create the perfect air/fuel mixture. When this is not working properly, this may cause an imbalanced load of air/fuel to be injected into the motor causing the jerking reaction you have experienced. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your car.

3. Q: 2004 Hyundai Sonata jerks while accelerating from stop.