Q: My Windshield delay wipers. 2012 Ford Explorer

asked by on December 29, 2016

My Windshield delay wipers will not shut off. What do I need to do. Could I repair it.

Windshield Wiper/Washer System Inspection $103.14 - $127.87 Get a Quote

Hi - there are 2 possible sources to this wiper shutoff problem: is the delay mechanism itself - which is electronic - at fault, or the wiper "position" mechanism - which mechanically senses when the wiper arm returns to the "off" position on the windshield - at fault? Neither of these components lend themselves to DIYr repair, and should be replaced. I would recommend a wiper system inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.