Q: My Windshield delay wipers. 2012 Ford Explorer

My Windshield delay wipers will not shut off. What do I need to do. Could I repair it.

Hi - there are 2 possible sources to this wiper shutoff problem: is the delay mechanism itself - which is electronic - at fault, or the wiper "position" mechanism - which mechanically senses when the wiper arm returns to the "off" position on the windshield - at fault? Neither of these components lend themselves to DIYr repair, and should be replaced. I would recommend a wiper system inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. My Windshield delay wipers. 2012 Ford Explorer