Q: Dash board showing "HOLD". What's wrong with having a code P0841?

Hil.

While switch on my car in Dashbord, showing hold and while start moving it become shock, then move even reverse gear same. i bring with computer mechanic he give me report showing code P0841. History,

Same problem came 6 month back, i checked my car with normal mechanic and he said your transmation messed up so i changed all tresmation, but after six month same problem repeated, please suggesst.

Hi there. The code P0841 means that the pressure in the transmission has dropped. This could be caused by low or dirty contaminated oil or the transmission fluid pressure sensor failing. Check the level of the transmission with the engine running and the temperature cold and hot. See if the level is full and if its low, then top it off and recheck the conditions. If the fluid is full, look at the color and smell the odor of the transmission fluid. If the color is a dark red and smells slightly burnt, then I recommend servicing the transmission with new oil and a new filter. Then recheck the conditions to see if there were any improvements. If the fluid is black, I suggest doing nothing, for black fluid means that the transmission got very hot and burned the fluid which would have burned all of the seals in the transmission. By change the oil will only damage the transmission even more. If the oil and filter was changed on the transmission and the problem still continues, then I recommend replacing the transmission fluid pressure sensor. If you need further assistance with the transmission not producing enough oil pressure, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.