Q: Oil leak and car overheating

I think the head gaskets in my car need replacing. All the oil leaked out, and it's over heating.

Oil/Fluid Leak Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The head gaskets failing could indeed cause this issue. Some ways to figure out if the head gasket is bad would be evidence of internal leakage of oil or coolant via pressure tests and compression tests. If the head gaskets have failed and they are not replaced soon, severe engine damage may occur as coolant and oil are not intended to be mixed. If the two have been mixed, most of the cooling system will need to be replaced along with the head gaskets in order to operate properly. Enlist the help of a qualified engine technician to test and diagnose your oil leaking issue.